Friday, May 18, 2007

Welcome to the New JD Poetry Portal

welcome to the initial installment of my new poetry portal .. my plan is to at least update this blog with a new poem every couple of days and keep you abreast on all poetry developments .. this is also a resource for finding poetry volumes, spoken word, video poems, rejection letters and the triumphant acceptances .. enjoy .. and a poem is below:

NATIONAL BANKS
we always see the shiny fronts
of the first nation banks,
but what about all the second
and third national banks.

i think i would like to put my money
in institutions that have a
second, third or fourth in their names.

it's not so far in the clouds
and steeped in piles of gold i could never count.

it has that blue collar ring that makes
me feel like i'm the poor guy that i really am.

maybe i should start the third national and
give everyone a free tootsie pop
and a shot of whiskey to join.

1 comment:

Scott Hughes said...

Cool. I'll be reading your blog, if you don't mind. Good luck!

Feel free to check out my Spoken Word Blog.