Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Dreaming of Buddha

i had a dream last night
that i donated my
red, fake ivory Buddha
statue to some locale
and lost my way completely.

when i got the
statuette in a
small korean market,
they warned that i
could never bring it back for a refund.

it was bad luck
and they flashed a grave
countenance that bespoke of
fire skies and blood lakes.

so,
i tossed away the receipt and
huddled it next to my computer
monitor for all these 10 years of so
i have pounded through these years
of words trickling like a palatable
matrix i forget continually.

and it was that one small dream
with the big man statue
leaving my grasp for another location.

i don't even know where
to get it back in my dreamland
when i fall back asleep.

but the beauty of this,
is that i'm awake
and he sits to my left with his
relaxed fingers,
full grin and another dreamless day
to watch everything pass
with his closed eyes
and lightly strewn gown.

No comments: